Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-05-25

Gaga Glee quickie

So I'm watching the long-anticipated Lady Gaga episode of Glee and it's the scene when Rachel and her newly identified mom - sorry, mother - are singing "Poker Face" in a slower Glee way... and I'm marveling at the way they adapted it, how I never understood or appreciated the lyrics (which are actually quite nice), and how spine-tingling the harmonies are - when from the east side of the family room, I hear "Oh my god, I want to kill myself".

(beat)

I almost spit a mouthful of rainbow sherbet all over the room.

My husband, the biggest male Lady Gaga fan I know of, who was quietly suffering through the whole episode because I'd insinuated Lady Gaga would actually be on the show, who - like me - probably didn't even realize that song was "Poker Face" until the chorus (which happens to be his favorite Lady Gaga song)... had reached the end of his proverbial rope.

Gotta appreciate the daily compromise that is marriage.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I love about Glee. They kinda reinvent these songs. I actually listen to the lyrics and they mean something! Love Rachel!

    ReplyDelete