Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-12-01

LOL

So I've been going to this hair salon near my work that I've been quite happy with.  Whenever I go in (which, I'll admit, has only been 2 times over the past 4 months), everyone in the salon is Japanese.  All the stylists are Japanese. All the customers are Japanese.  A lot of bowing occurs when I walk in (maybe that's why I like it?).   And I mean Japanese Japanese - not Japanese-American.  English is definitely their second language, and I'm willing to bet Japanese was their first.  The place is called Pia Salon. Look at their website! It's in Japanese! My point is, that this is a very Japanese-oriented business.

Anyway, I got an email from them today with the subject line: "Seasons Greetings".  I click on the link and it takes me to their holiday greeting. 

Check it out:
WTF?  Who are these chicks?? 

I dunno. I just thought it was hilarious that the fobbiest salon I know has two petulant Anglos plastered on their digital Christmas card.  I wonder if their Japanese clientele got a different greeting...

Is it just me? Am I racist?

It doesn't bother me. I don't think it's wrong that they have non-Japanese people on their card.  For all I care, they could have put a bald black man, a little red-headed girl, and a Maltese falcon on their card!

I guess it just... tickles my fancy, shall we say? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment