Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-12-14

Return of the King


Sorry if you thought this was about the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  It ain't. 

Nay, this post is about the cyclical nature of life - and how the universe that revolves around me (doesn't everyone's?) always manages to balance itself out.

Yesterday, my husband and I began the process of landing our next place of residence. As of January 8th, we will be residents of Los Angeles proper.  San Pedro, it's been real - but, let's face it, we never quite found our niche here.  We loved our place - but it was just the island in an ocean of bad drivers and bad road conditions that we sought refuge to when we weren't at work or visiting friends & family in other parts of Southern California. This is good news! I like new things and am excited about our new place. I've already started mentally arranging what portions of our furniture will fit in our new place in their respective rooms...

Today, I went into work and was told it was my last day.
This is bad news, because:
            -   I like making money.

It has its silver lining, though:
            -   I didn't love the work;
            -   I was going to be moving farther away soon;
            -   And - once again - now I have time on my hands to focus on looking for a job that's a better fit. 

The economy: 2  
Me: 0

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.  I saw this coming, but didn't expect it so soon.  But I guess when you're on a sinking ship, and you can't see the floor for the water - it's kinda hard to gauge things like this.  And that's what it's been like - these past 9 months. Like jumping from sinking ship to sinking ship, with small hiatuses on life rafts in between.  The first boat was my last longtime employer.  They decided to downsize to a smaller boat and there simply wasn't room for me and two of my colleagues.  Then as I doggy-paddled from buoy to buoy, waving my arms frantically at the large ships passing me in the night - completely ignoring me - I saw another boat.  It was close by, but I knew it had a leak.  Well, folks, you get on a sinking ship - you're either going to drown or have to jump back in the water and doggy-paddle to the buoys again.

In other words:
The Couch Commando is back!
Didja miss me?

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Couch Commando! Boo economy! Let's watch a Lord of the Rings marathon when we are in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!!! But oh good I guess? I'll get to read more posts from you! And you'll have plenty of time to properly pack and move! All good things. And more time to look at baby stuff at Target! And more time to watch TV and movies and play with your iPad! And well, the possibilities are endless :) Emailing you right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about blathering on and on about my own problems last night! love you... chin up boob!

    ReplyDelete