Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-07-21

Dire qu'il n'est pas si!

So I love when smaller human-interest stories on the news become these huge blown-out-of-proportion big deals (especially, ahem, if maybe that was the original intent?). 

Case in point:
Baskin Robbins is retiring five flavors, including French Vanilla.

OK. I admit I almost never get French Vanilla when I go to BR, but I do consider it a classic flavor - like chocolate & strawberry.  In fact, I'd probably order French Vanilla over plain vanilla any day of the week.  And I agree with Mr. Muskett (in the article I linked to above) that you CAN tell the difference when you put FV in a root beer (or coke) float vs. regular vanilla!

I don't know what BR is thinking, but they've definitely been getting some great "free" publicity.  I hope this isn't just a hoax like when Disney claims they're "locking movies in the vault" and then just bring them back 5 years later, digitally enhanced with added extras that nobody could ever want or care about. 

But just in case, I guess I'll go get my "last" French Vanilla cone - just so I can tell my grandkids about it some day.  You know, how BR used to have a flavor that was like a discolored strangely yellow version vanilla...

Oo la la!
*Kisses fingertips on right hand and then quickly spreads fingers out as though exploding*

1 comment:

  1. I quickly went to read the article to make sure Cherries Jubilee wasn't on the cut list. Whew. Scared me there for a moment.

    ReplyDelete