Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-07-12

Monday night din-din quickie

Yum! I have to say one of my favorite recipes in The Joy of Cooking is Ms. Rombauer et al's Tandoori Marinade (p. 85, 1997 ed.).  It made for a great focus to my 40-minute meal tonight.

I got off work late today and had errands to run, so I didn't get home until 7:20.  Once I'd unloaded the car, checked the mail, and fed kitty, it was 7:40pm - "Wheel of Fortune" was well under way, my husband had just messaged he was on his way home, and I had at least 2 loads of laundry I HAD to do tonight. (Last dryer load is juuust finishing up now.)

Forty minutes later, I had dinner for two and then some -
   - 2 Tandoori chicken breasts (BBQ-grilled)
   - 1/3 La Brea Bakery French batard, warmed in the oven then sliced
   - Romaine salad with grilled corn (made it yesterday), gruyere cheese, green grapes, Ranch dressing
   - Garlic confit (thanks to YH) for the bread instead of butter
   - Skinny Dip beer (by New Belgium Brewing Company, the makers of Fat Tire) for me, watered-down apple juice for the spouse

Sorry I don't have a photo - but take my word for it, it was goooood!

1 comment:

  1. yumm will have to try that recipe out. how come matt is drinking watered down apple juice?

    ReplyDelete