Daisypath Anniversary tickers

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2010-07-11

Toy Story 3 made me cry


First off, I give Toy Story 3 an A.

Someone told me before I saw it that it was better than the first two.  I scoffed at that then, but now I'm starting to reconsider.  Granted there was maybe one part where it started to feel long, the whole scene with the trash incinerator was a bit much, and the Lotso character was also a bit much - overall, I still thought the movie was fantastic.

My husband & I saw it in "Disney Digital 3D".  We were trying to figure out whether Disney 3D was different from the 3D we watched, say, How to Train Your Dragon in.  It was the same Real-D 3D glasses, and it looked like your typical post-production 3D-ification technique.  I guess anything Disney touches, though, has to have their name on it..

The kicker for me was pretty much the last 15 minutes of the movie, which made me cry. Not tear up, or have a little lip quiver - but full-on cry.  Tears were streaming down my face and my nose started running. 

The inside of my 3D glasses started fogging up as I desperately tried to wipe my eyes, them, and my nose with the fewest movements and least amount of sniffling lest the people around me (mainly my husband) noticed that I was on the verge of all-out bawling.

That last scene in which college-bound Andy gives his toys to the little girl, Bonnie, one-by-one just KILLED me.  I mean, I'm already amazed they got the same guy, John Morris, to do Andy's voice through all three movies - I'm not sure what else he's been in (doesn't seem like much from IMDB), but his voice-acting was spot on.  Tom Hanks, of course, also did a stellar job with Woody - again.

Other memorable tidbits:
               - the Ken character is HIIIIII-larious!
               - usual Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head banter
               - Spanish Buzz
               - crazy scary Big Baby
               - REALLY crazy scary (& screaming) monkey with cymbals
               - the Bonnie character is to-die-for-adorable

If you liked the first two Toy Story's, I think it's definitely worth seeing this one on the big screen (doesn't have to be in 3D though).  Just be sure to stick around for the montage during the end credits.  Those last tidbits of humor are the only thing that saved me from walking out of the theatre with red eyes and a runny nose. 

Oh, and maybe bring a hankie.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I cried too:)And it was during the last 15 minutes as well. See following article: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20396740,00.html
    Isn't Pixar amazing???

    ReplyDelete